Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Hummingbird Tolls For Me, Part 1


"To see hummingbirds in your dream, suggests that small ideas/concepts may possess much potential and power. Alternatively, it indicates your flighty thoughts and frivolous ideas. It may be a metaphor for your inability to commit to a relationship."
___________________________________________

Dreams are sometimes funny and at other times decidely not.

I was laying in bed and it was starting to get light out. I looked over at the wall and a hummingbird was perched on a small stand. When it saw me it flew straight over and landed on my head.

"Oh great," I said. "I'm dreaming again and there is a hummingbird on my head..."

I got up on the side of the bed and tried to decide if I was going to go for an early morning run. Then I woke up in my actual bedroom and started recollecting the various aspects of the dream. Unlike the dream I wrote about recently, this one had a different feel to it and I did not like it one bit.

But what are dreams? What are their aboriginal function in our lives? And when people give "interpretations" (like above...got that one online) how do they know?

I did some background research, which given my encyclopedic mind took the usual three to five minutes. More than long enough to reconstruct my dream and get a solid interpretation.

And this was, while not a nightmare, still a disturbing dream.

First, the hummingbird.

I'm gonna go with the latter interpreation. I have also been experiencing, lately, an increased ability to write and form longer projects and a much faster rate. What use to take me weeks to write now takes a matter of hours. This little series will be done before breakfast. They almost writes themselves.

But there are side effects to whatever is happening in my brainpan. When I awake I have way too many thoughts and images swirling around me brain and a general lack of clarity until I get up, sometimes throw up, have a drink and settle in at the computer.

From there things quiet down. But the Hummingbird felt like a warning.

"Flighty thoughts and frivilous feelings"...hmnn. Let's have a look at the rest of the dream.
________________________
More Hummingbirds...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

LOL on Jeff's comment. I love hummingbirds. Did I already say that in another comment to you? Sorry, but I truly do love hummingbirds.