Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Hummingbird Tolls For Me, Part 2


"Alternatively, it indicates your flighty thoughts and frivolous ideas. It may be a metaphor for your inability to commit to a relationship."
_________________________________________

Earlier in the dream I had just dregged myself out of a swamp. In the swamp there were vagrants laying on the bottom of the pools of water..two of them. They did not look well. Above me was a long bookshelf and on the top I found a book in process that I had been writing with a few good friends. More on that later.

I walked out into a beautiful; courtyard and there was a display of pieces of art and silver. Inbetween each layer was a protective soft cloth. I would sit and peel back a layer and a beautiful piece of silver art was undersneath. I would set it aside and uncover and a long fluted piece of hummingbird art, garden art, was there.

I was most taken by the hummingbirds. Some had long porcelain shafts for placing them in the earth, then crystal centers then a metal or ceramic hummingbird always at the top. One in particular grabbed my attention. It was larger and inside the center of a crystal base was layered with salt, then beautiful crystals, then another substance then it may have been diamond at the top. Pewter handle and then, the hummingbird.

I sat and looked at it and thought, "This thing must have cost a fortune to produce. Amazing." It was as hefty and broad as a large dagger.

Layer after layer.

There was nothing frivilous about any of these hummingbirds, but then they were representations. Cold dead art.

Perhaps a picture or series of them of the beauty and value, yet coldness, of lost relationships.

I'm not very good with women long term. Oh I can be quite charming at first. But if you note from the TV series, it always seems that while it is good and good things happen, I end up alone. I think it's the exploits and the danger.

But it might be my "frivilous thoughts and inability to commit."

I may be chivalrous and frivilous.
__________________

The Book and the Pool...Posted by Picasa

No comments: