Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Hummingbird Tolls For Me, Part 3


I like to gamble.
_________________________________

To deconstruct a dream one must take what first comes to mind. If Francis Crick is correct (and he did a fine job on DNA and a variety of other subjects) then one purpose of dreams is to purge the brain and consciousness of unwanted information. It's like reverse-learning. You are unlearning things you will not need.

However, that is not the only function. There are many others. Another is to have a quick look at perhaps what you do not wish to see or things that, while good, you may also wish not to see.

Let's get back to my dream which began in the Bed, one not so different from my own.

To see your bed in your dream, represents you intimate self and discovery of your sexuality. If you are sleeping in your own bed, then it denotes security and restoration of your mind. You are looking for domestic bliss and peace.


My goodness. The hummingbirds and the bed seem a bit at odds.

Let's return to the swamp and have a look. First the book. It was not well-done and only mentioned me once, and under another pen name. The artwork was poor and done by someone I did not know. I was quite disappointed and it was also shabbely bound. It almost appeared as if it had been transformed into some sort of crude children's story.

That is when I saw the vagrants sleeping underwater. At first I thought they were dead, with their swollen eyes and stillness. But they roused for a moment.

I did know, in the dream, that water is the symbol for the unconscious. I did a bit of unofficial dream analysis right then (inside of the dream, which is a neat trick if you can get away with it). I decided they represented death.

Then I looked this up a few minutes ago.

Swamp:

To dream that you are walking through a swampy area, foretells that you will be find yourself in an adverse situation. Disappointments in love may also be implied from this symbol. You will suffer much displeasure from unwise conduct of those around you. On a less negative note, walking through a swamp, denotes that you will experience prosperity and pleasure, but through dangerous and intriguing means.


Well, The latter is what I am all about. Let's face it. The former not so very much but it may be closer as the whole din of this dream was dark.

What about the vagrants O Wheel O Dreams?

To dream that you are a vagrant, denotes that you are trying to escape from the confines of social expectations. It may also indicate your current condition of poverty and misery.

To speak and give to the vagrant, symbolizes your generosity and are surrounded by valuable friends.

This one is curious. I was not the vagrant and was immediately concerned for them both. Ironically, the fact they were sleeping underwater made me think they were temporarily safe, though some violence had been done to them.

I did not speak to them but felt for them.

In some ways I felt, at the time, that they were an advanced picture of me. Perhaps I would end up beaten and submerged along the roadside of the unconscious. But why two?

I have no idea. Dreams are funny that way in an unfunny way.
_______________
Next...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: