Friday, July 15, 2005

Freewill, Determinism & Attraction Part Six



There is only one explanation, and that is that there are other layers of imprintation that we elicit from one another.

The other thing we have to note is that this is not a one issue question.

There are so many other factors.

There are natural factors that may or may not be the result of imprinting. Smell, voice, the way a person walks, how they smile or laugh.

I remember meeting my friend Kelly for the first time, a tall long-legged red-headed beauty of great intelligence. She warned me ahead of time that "smell" was very important.

We met for tea (so very English) and out of 137 teas we both ordered (separately) the same one.

She looked stunning and sweet across the table.

ST: Is it time for you to smell me now?
K: Well I could do it now, or after tea.
ST: Oh (I grinned) let's get this over.
K: Okay (she stood and put her beautiful face down by my neck and right ear, then sat down).
ST: (I waited a few moments while we flirted...then both laughed) Okay...so the verdict?
K: Very nice indeed (and she blushed).


A week later we met for breakfast and then walked the streets of downtown in deep Fall. I in my long coat, and she with her long flowing red hair and standing a good 5'11" (I am 6' 2").

A most beautiful couple and you could see others admiring us as we walked and laughed and told stories to each other.

We went back to her place and she showed me her art. Amazing work. She put on some old vinyl disks that I love. We spent a few hours. I loved being there.

I left around 2 p.m.

I called her at 4 p.m.

ST: Kells?
K: Yes Simon?
ST: It's like being a brother and sister isn't it?
K: (laughing) Yes, it is.
ST: Can you explain that to me, to us?
K: Nope
ST: Me neither.


And so it went. I still adore her, and we were perfectly matched except for that one thing. I even spent the night one evening, but all we did was curl up and sleep.

Seems like some things are determined, no?

Not yet sure, but the case mounts.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: