Friday, July 15, 2005

Freewill, Determinism & Attraction, Part Nine



Freewill Hunting.

Love is often about freewill which is not determined. Sometimes we choose against our own upbringing to simply love...to give. To be honest, to share against all best and all that has come before.

Sure, it does not always happen. But two men with identical upbringing go through a tragedy. One becomes hardened, the other learns compassion.

This is the other end of the spectrum where despite very real and strong determinants, we also have freewill, or perhaps, at least freedom (that has yet to be determined in this conversation).

I wrote an article a few years back called "Threepeat" where I noted a determined pattern in my own life in regards to women. It seemed like a track I could not (certainly had not) avoided...ever.

But I saw it. I bounced outside it and chose against the grain in freewill.

So glad I did. I now, for the first time ever am not at the mercy of my past, and live in peace with a woman who loves me.

Oh...but I should also mention, that while she is the antithesis to most every woman I have ever wrongly been attracted to, she is a dark-haired shapely beauty with high cheekbones and beautiful eyes.

The debate continues...your turn now at all stages!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

If I was not conscious of it I would keep repeating, but once aware I had some choice.