Friday, July 15, 2005

Freewill, Determinism & Attraction


Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox.
__________________________

I was in a three-way conversation the other night with bloggers Greg and Sex. Bot ha re wicked smart and fast. It is a rare occasion indeed when The Saint feels outmatched. I felt like I was inbetween Jason Schmidt on the mound and Matt Matheny at the plate and they were both throwing to each other at once.

You could hear the gloves pop!

We were discussing Freewill and Determinism, and perhaps once I get my arm warmed up on the above topic I'll actually take on that conversation and open it up.

But for now I'm gonna use male and female attraction as a way of exploring both that and also the issue of Freewill and Determinism.

__________________________

Why a picture of Aniston and Cox? Well both are recognized as pretty at the very least, perhaps stunning to others. But other than being in good shape and well adorned they have very different looks. One is a kind of classic California blonde, the other more a Dark-haired east Coast beauty.

Of course who knows were they hell they come from? I don't I am, and will be, making gross generalizations through this exploration. If I don't we'll never get anywhere. (So the disclaimer is...yes of course there are exceptions everywhere..okay? Happy now).

Attraction has to do with imprinting, particularly, but not exlusively, with males. As is often the case it is a 60/40 thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they're both gorgeous and survivors....they're also loaded and have zero trouble in their life....what they see as trouble i see as a joke....ok except Brad cheating on Jen and Courtney not being able to procreate...that's sad.

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Yeah, if you look close enough almost everyone has some issue they have to deal with.

What do you think about imprinting? Do you have a "type" or is it more relational?