Friday, July 29, 2005

Solitude & The Laughing Buddha Part 6


Nude Sunbathers, by Nigel Van Weick. Oil on Panel. Amazing work. See it HERE.
__________________________________________

I had had my time. I had read more Marques and a bit of Merton.

It will be six months before I can return here, as it closes next weekend for Winter.

I slipped the printed poem out of my leather journal. It is called "Silence"..a gift. As shy as I can be, it was the only way I knew to meet my sweet naked nieghbors. I felt it criminal if we did not make some contact.

I think it was because we had been communicating all along, and I wanted to affrim that. It is certainly true that if I had known them before I would have felt no shame in laying naked next to them, or talking about any such thing, any more than I did when I finally approached them on departure. If I see them next Spring I will probably do just that.

They welcomed me openly and we sat in the sand and talked awhile. They were enjoying it, and me too. I gave them my poem and we exchanged emails and handshakes. And they were just as beautiful up close as from afar...even more so because they became more real and less distant.. It was a nice human moment, three naked people with one clothed.

It was a good day.

The glory of God sang around the canyon's rim and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob belched up air bubbles sheepishly in the shallows around the tadpoles like clues...and His multi-layerd love bounced and radiated off the top of those waters, and She patted the woodpecker on the head and stroked the beaver under it's chin, and gave the complicated soulful man sitting out in the water up to his chest a few hours rest from himself. And She kissed the woman with the straw hat on the forehead and told the braided man he was beautiful as he made his way down the beach to the water, with hot sand on his shoulders seeking release.

And it was good. Very good.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

tabitha jane said...

beautiful . . .

my old roommates went to the nude beach last week and didn't invite me . . . i was sad.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog feels like I just took a vacation. Nicely said! Keep the great writing coming.