Friday, July 29, 2005

Solitude & The Laughing Buddha Part 4



I had been alone and blissful for many hours. You can tell. People travel thousands of miles form here to find themselves on a beach just so, with just so water. And this is all a true story, except I cannot prove that either God the Father or the Buddha actually showed. You can take that as hyperbole if you like, I have a certain well-deserved reputation for that anyway...so feel free.

I started for the truck and was shocked to see two humans approaching...walking down the beach.

It was a man and woman...and he held up his hand just as I did...at just the right distance...to make peace..to come to an understanding out here where no one else was. So funny how aboriginal we truly are, if you are still alive in that way.

He was. So am I.

Few words, the expression, the posturing...It was an immediate understanding.

So in our passing by I noticed his beautiful long brown hair braided back and her long lanky figure within a dark summer dress and straw hat. I could tell from his brief words and accent that he was Eastern European and assumed she might be as well.

When I came back he was in the water naked and unashamed. I saw her up the beach laying on her stomach, long dark and lean, wearing only the straw hat.

It was vaguely Edenic and I liked that they were both there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: