Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sex & Love 17: Harmony



Evolution , Creation, Clitoris, Penis, a jumped chromosome that turns in the womb of our Natality, the five Greek loves, or Hebraic Wholism, or the naked Nativity. Different epistemologies and angles of expression and perception...being Godlike and Doglike at the same time. Lust and love, desire and Hope and love and Gift, Friendship and Good Humor.

We are clearly in over our heads and perhaps the last item is in good order...humor.

No wonder we seek diversion.

It's not easy being human unless you have found a way to shut yourself down.

I never have.

_____________________________

I have always thought evolution was true until tonight.

For 3 decades of study I always believed it true and made adjustments.

But my girlfriend convinced me otherwise tonight.

Nope.

You are no accidents and neither are your longings, orgasms, hopes, dreams and the way you want to love. Nor the quest for meaning or the offense that is death or loss.

Not an accident. Not just biology or dead-end psychology.

Human nature and consciousness and so much of what we are is a mystery.

She finally convinced me tonight. And all she wanted to do was do the opposite.

Life.

That is not to say that evolution does not occur. It plainly and clearly does. Natural Selection is demonstratible as are many other aspects of evotutionary theory.

(Let's make that clear)

Let's also make it clear that if I speak about God I am really talking about spirituality, and one which exists all around us. Some may choose to believe, or have claimed to experience a personal diety. But that in no way excludes all manner of spirituality any more than we want to hem in love itself.

For some God is love. That is what Ghandi said, and it echoes back to St. John and Jesus.

But love, spirituality and sexuality can exist in many ways.

The "God Squad" as Grace likes to put it, are very "anti-body" (which I find poetic and fitting in a wholistic picture) and judgmental and full of anger. They are the new Inquisition (suddenly I hear "POOOOWANG!! NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our chief weapon is ...).

These folks are to be avoided at all cost.

So often now, in our culture, if we bring up God in any context it is these turds that come to mind. Pay them no heed. They have their dead religion and each other to bicker with.

So now...can we move on?


Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

kotamaris said...

eeeeh, bite me!

ssas said...

you've been a busy boy over the holiday.

I did not so much. bonfires and hikes and staring at the lake.

oh well.

martha said...

So with all discussion and angles we come up with:

and the beat goes on, ladadidee ladadidie (not negative, just is)

which causes us to keep up with the beat!

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

I have my first heckler.

Notice that the Squeezer has no public record or writings of her own.

Probably an Ex. The beat goes on.

kotamaris said...

I had my first big laugh of the day as Simon here did not recognize my personal style (or not)of wit. As we discussed this morning, his first heckler is actually The Babage. Silly boy. oh, and honey? Bite me. Oh, wait. You did. Sorta. Last night. gakgakakgak...

kotamaris said...

Oh, and since the joke fell sooo flatly, I'm changing my blog ID. Nyeeah!

ssas said...

I was going to congratulate you, but a heckler that knows you doesn't count. Sorry, thanks for playing.

kotamaris said...

(AND Maugham's a wussy)

Greg said...

what a long way from the notion that we are insignificants, lucky to be floating around on this relative pinprick.

I believe alot in luck. And unluck. But that's me. I think, in a sense, it fascinates me more. Luckily, it's also what i believe to be true.

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Greg- That's an interesting view. I like the "fascinating" part.

Sex- You are right. I found out who it was and it doesn't count.

And yes, I've been writing like a fiend.

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Cool Cat- For a smart guy sometimes The Saint is clueless.

martha said...

And since the Saint was clueless the lovely lady lovingly snapped her fingers and said 'go this way' and of course what could the love sick guy do but follow.

Ain't Love Grand!!

kotamaris said...

heheheee...

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Hey if there is anything we enjoy its free speech. Always love your comments.

tabitha jane said...

heh. turds.


it was your birthday?